You want to keep your home cool and comfortable, but you also don’t want to drain your budget when cooling your home with your air conditioning system. While replacing your entire air conditioner in Laporte, CO with a more efficient system may seem like your only option, it most certainly is not. Read on to learn more about how you can boost energy efficiency in order to cool your home more affordably this summer season.
- Insulate your home properly. Investing in additional insulation for weak spots in your home will pay back month after month throughout the year. Insulation works both ways, keeping heat in during the winter and out during the summer. That means that you can enjoy year round energy savings.
- Recover energy that you’ve already paid for and used with an energy recovery ventilator. An ERV also works year-round, allowing you to ventilate your home sufficiently without wasting the energy that you’ve used to heat or cool your home.
- Consider the use of a zone control system. A zone control system allows you to distribute conditioned air throughout your home in a more planned way. No longer will you need to cool your entire house to one set temperature throughout.
- Don’t forget about your ceiling fans. While it is true that these fans don’t actively cool the air in your home, as your air conditioner does, they can help to distribute cooled air throughout your home more effectively, taking some strain off of your air conditioning system.
- Upgrade your thermostat. If you are using an old manual thermostat, there is no way that you are regulating the operation of your AC as successfully as possible. Opting for programmability, or even smart technology, can make a huge difference.
Schedule your AC services with Fort Collins Heating & Air Conditioning. Big enough to serve, small enough to care.